Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Should I claim a mortgage credit for a house that I am on the mortgage for, but I do not pay the mortgage for it?

My daughter and her fiance purchased a home in 2017, but I had to be added to the mortgage because my daughter had lost her job a month before closing. Currently, the mortgage is in my name and her fiance's name but they make all the mortgage payments and they also payed the down payment. So, do I need to claim the mortgage interest on my taxes or only her fiance?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Should I claim a mortgage credit for a house that I am on the mortgage for, but I do not pay the mortgage for it?

You do not put the interest or tax payments on the home due to you not paying them. 

If the fiancee paid them and is also on the mortgage and title of the property , they would put these on their return. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You do not put the interest or tax payments on the home due to you not paying them. 

If the fiancee paid them and is also on the mortgage and title of the property , they would put these on their return. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies