turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

SR811

I drive a company car through my employer for my type of work. They pay for upkeep and gas as well, except for the monthly lease payments, I have to pay that every month and I do not get reimbursed. Is this deductible?

It is through a "fleet" type arrangement, I am allowed to use it for personal use up to a certain amount if desired, and I had the option to use my own car, however I would not be able to claim mileage, maintenance, etc.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

I drive a company car through my employer for my type of work. They pay for upkeep and gas as well, except for the monthly lease payments, I have to pay that every month and I do not get reimbursed. Is this deductible?

Yes, you can deduct the amount you used your truck for work. So if you use your truck 80% of the time for work, then you can deduct 80% of your lease payments and 80% any out of pocket costs you incurred for repairs/maintenance etc, but not 100% since you use it for personal use too.
SR811

where would I enter this?

Line 21 under deductions.
SR811

I'm sorry, I meant which category under deductions does it go under? Thank you for your help!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies