turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My 1095-A has zeros in all 3 columns of Part III for January. I get an error message that I can't have all zeros. value in A for Feb.-Dec. Can I get around this?

My 1095-A has zeros in all 3 columns of Prt III for January. I get an error message that I can't have all zeros. Can I get around this?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MichaelDC

My 1095-A has zeros in all 3 columns of Part III for January. I get an error message that I can't have all zeros. value in A for Feb.-Dec. Can I get around this?

Yes. When filling out your 1095-A in TurboTax, if there's a '0' on the paper form, leave it blank in TurboTax.

In other words, enter amounts for the months you had insurance and leave everything else blank. (See the attached screenshot below. Click to enlarge.)

If, for some reason, this doesn't work, delete the form and start over.

1. Open your return in TurboTax. (To do this, sign in to TurboTax, and select the Take me to my return button.)
2. In the left side bar, select Tax Tools> Tools.
3. In the pop-up window Tool Center, choose Delete a form.
Select Delete next to the form 1095-A and follow the onscreen instructions.

Please feel free to post any additional details or questions in the comment section.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MichaelDC

Yes. When filling out your 1095-A in TurboTax, if there's a '0' on the paper form, leave it blank in TurboTax.

In other words, enter amounts for the months you had insurance and leave everything else blank. (See the attached screenshot below. Click to enlarge.)

If, for some reason, this doesn't work, delete the form and start over.

1. Open your return in TurboTax. (To do this, sign in to TurboTax, and select the Take me to my return button.)
2. In the left side bar, select Tax Tools> Tools.
3. In the pop-up window Tool Center, choose Delete a form.
Select Delete next to the form 1095-A and follow the onscreen instructions.

Please feel free to post any additional details or questions in the comment section.

aevinalay

Hello, I am having this exact issue. I have left the month of January blank and while it initially goes through, I get a message in the 'federal review' section stating that I'm not quite finished with health insurance. When I hit continue it just cycles me through the same information I already put in.

I have the same problem, and when i go to use the link with the estimator, it doesn't give me a number all it does is say "you may qualify for medi-cal"

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies