alebretton

Would I have to fill out about home loans if I paid off my house in Feb 2019? I haven’t received a 1098 yet.

First the month is not over yet ... the 1098 will probably show up yet.   Then if you are not going to or do not qualify to itemize deductions then you do not need to enter anything from that form. 

DavidS127

It depends on whether you will itemize or use the standard deduction for your 2019 Form 1040.

If your itemized deductions exceed your standard deduction ($12,000 single, $18,000 head of household, $24,000 married filing joint), you will want to enter your Form 1098 information in TurboTax.  For most people, the major components of itemized deductions are medical expenses, taxes paid, mortgage interest, and charitable contributions.

On the other hand, if your itemized deductions are less than the standard deduction, entering your home mortgage interest will not change your tax return.

If you aren't sure, TurboTax will make the calculation for you. Enter your Form 1098 information along with your other itemized deductions, and TurboTax will recommend the best choice for you (itemized or standard).