turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Will Intuit update TurboTax 2018 for Mac to include new Form 8911?

It is in the program and seems to be working ... make sure your program is up to date ...

1....jpg

RobotBil

Ah yes, you are correct, I see it now. Many thanks for the assistance. 

I am still getting credit 0 messages in the 2018 form. Anyone has any luck in filing the amended file for 2018?

Is turbotax 2018 (mac)  working for you for 8911?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was able to do it on the PC version. Make sure you download any updates and then start a new amended return. Or even uninstall and reinstall completely. e-filing is  supposed to be be available for 1040X next month, so you may want to just wait a bit longer so you don't have to print it out and mail it.

Not that the IRS will get to it anytime soon anyway since there is now a huge backlog... My return was sent in May and it still doesn't show in the IRS system.

The tax agency announced on Thursday that it would begin accepting amended returns via e-file this summer. Once the e-file option becomes available, filers will only be able to amend their 2019 return.

My professional program has no estimated date that this will be available so don't hold your breath. 

@Critter-3 wrote:

The tax agency announced on Thursday that it would begin accepting amended returns via e-file this summer. Once the e-file option becomes available, filers will only be able to amend their 2019 return.

My professional program has no estimated date that this will be available so don't hold your breath. 

I do not believe that the IRS has any plans to make 1040X e-fileable for any tax year prior to 2019.    And I have not seen any announcement that TurboTax will even implement it for 2019 since it will not be an form update but an entirely new *feature* that never existed before.   They might just choose to wait for the 2020 tax product to introduce new product features.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies