To qualify for advance Child Tax Credit payments, you — and your spouse, if you filed a joint return — must have:
1) Filed a 2019 or 2020 tax return and claimed the Child Tax Credit on the return; or
2) Given us your information in 2020 to receive the Economic Impact Payment using the Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info Here tool; and
3) A main home in the United States for more than half the year (the 50 states and the District of Columbia) or file a joint return with a spouse who has a main home in the United States for more than half the year; and
4) A qualifying child who is under age 18 at the end of 2021 and who has a valid Social Security number; and
Made less than certain income limits.
The Child Tax Credit begins to be reduced to $2,000 per child if your modified AGI in 2021 exceeds:
- $150,000 if married and filing a joint return or if filing as a qualifying widow or widower;
- $112,500 if filing as head of household; or
- $75,000 if you are a single filer or are married and filing a separate return.
The first phaseout reduces the Child Tax Credit by $50 for each $1,000 (or fraction thereof) by which your modified AGI exceeds the income threshold described above that is applicable to you.
The Child Tax Credit won’t begin to be reduced below $2,000 per child until your modified AGI in 2021 exceeds:
- $400,000 if married and filing a joint return; or
- $200,000 for all other filing statuses.
The second phaseout reduces the Child Tax Credit by $50 for each $1,000 (or fraction thereof) by which your modified AGI exceeds the income threshold described above that is applicable to you.
without a phone that can receive a verification code, there is no way to update the info the IRS has. if needed. you'll get the credit if you qualify when you file your 2021 return
We can't tell you anything more than general information. Many people who seem to qualify have not gotten the first payment. Turbotax is not a paid tax preparer and can't intervene with the IRS for you. You will need to find some other way to activate your online account.
In the end, remember that the advance payment does not change the amount of credit you receive, it only changes whether you receive it early or as part of your next tax refund.
i meet all the requirements
Only the IRS can provide information on the Advance Child Tax Credit being issued in 2021.
Go to this IRS website for information - https://www.irs.gov/credits-deductions/2021-child-tax-credit-and-advance-child-tax-credit-payments-f...