turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where is the 2021 Recovery Rebate Credit calculated?

Looking at records online, I see an amount of $1400 is payable.  With that, I see I only got $2800. Which means I could be missing $1400.

I printed out the tax forms from using TurboTax Online, and looking through them, I am not seeing that $1400 credit, or a worksheet to even calculate the credit.  I do recall answering a question about the amount of credit received, but just not seeing it in the paperwork here.

In addition, I am online now looking to make changes to 2021 taxes, and even there I am not seeing anything related.

Look on the IRS web site, I am seeing a mention of a 2021 Recovery Rebate Credit Worksheet which I cannot even find anywhere. 

Thanks!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

The recovery rebate credit is shown on line 30 of your 2021 Form 1040. The software asked you if you received the 3rd EIP payments of $1400 per person and you had to answer whether you (and your spouse if you are filing jointly) received the $1400 in 2021.  The IRS also sent you letter 6475 about it and you needed to enter the amount from each spouse's letter.

If you were supposed to receive any recovery rebate credit it went to line 30.  The IRS checks line 30; if you make a mistake on that line they can reduce your refund if their records show you already received the payment.

If you are trying to work on a 2021 return you find the recovery rebate credit in Federal Review.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

View solution in original post

2 Replies

The recovery rebate credit is shown on line 30 of your 2021 Form 1040. The software asked you if you received the 3rd EIP payments of $1400 per person and you had to answer whether you (and your spouse if you are filing jointly) received the $1400 in 2021.  The IRS also sent you letter 6475 about it and you needed to enter the amount from each spouse's letter.

If you were supposed to receive any recovery rebate credit it went to line 30.  The IRS checks line 30; if you make a mistake on that line they can reduce your refund if their records show you already received the payment.

If you are trying to work on a 2021 return you find the recovery rebate credit in Federal Review.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Thanks for the answer, and taking the time to respond!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies