turbotax icon
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

US-China Treaty Article 20B for F1-OPT


 I am a Ph.D. student already been in the US for 8 years (resident alien) and currently working in an institute receiving fellowship with F1-OPT. My situation is unlike most questions regarding the treaty Article 20C, where you can put $-5000 in the Other Reportable Income and file a Form 8833 to IRS. 

For the Treaty Article 20B, what should I do?

3 Replies
Intuit Alumni

US-China Treaty Article 20B for F1-OPT

Where in TurboTax are you entering the fellowship income?

US-China Treaty Article 20B for F1-OPT

Yes, that is one of the questions that I am asking
Intuit Alumni

US-China Treaty Article 20B for F1-OPT

I believe you should enter this under Less Common income  and Miscellaneous income.  You should include a description of the income and enter the amount as a positive number.  Then you should make another entry under Miscellaneous income as a negative amount.  Net zero but income has been reported.


message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Manage cookies