Solved: When I was doing my taxes. it asked about a tax break. did I pay for my registration and I said yes but I paid this year in January not last year.

When I was doing my taxes. it asked about a tax break. did I pay for my registration and I said yes but I paid this year in January not last year.

Every tax year is separate. If you paid any type of expense in 2019, it is entered on a 2019 return.

Right, so now that I sent the refund do I do an amendment?

Yes, in order to get credit for an expense you paid, you would need to amend. What registration did you pay? your car? If so, make sure that is deductible in your particular state.