turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

sspinedaa

When I was doing my taxes. it asked about a tax break. did I pay for my registration and I said yes but I paid this year in January not last year.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Coleen3
Intuit Alumni

When I was doing my taxes. it asked about a tax break. did I pay for my registration and I said yes but I paid this year in January not last year.

Every tax year is separate. If you paid any type of expense in 2019, it is entered on a 2019 return.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Coleen3
Intuit Alumni

Every tax year is separate. If you paid any type of expense in 2019, it is entered on a 2019 return.

sspinedaa

Right, so now that I sent the refund do I do an amendment?
Coleen3
Intuit Alumni

Yes, in order to get credit for an expense you paid, you would need to amend. What registration did you pay? your car? If so, make sure that is deductible in your particular state.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies