turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

skgeorge108
Returning Member

If my itemized deductions is about $50K, Why is Schedule A NOT generated? I am using 2018 TurboTax premier. My income is about $400K.

I have $50K of itemized deductions. TurboTax Premier is NOT generating Schedule A. Why?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

If my itemized deductions is about $50K, Why is Schedule A NOT generated? I am using 2018 TurboTax premier. My income is about $400K.

Since you are using TurboTax Live you should address your question to a TurboTax Live tax expert. They can look at your tax return and explain what's going on. Here in AnswerXchange we cannot see your tax return, so it would be very difficult to figure out what's happening.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

What kind of deductions?  Some are now limited or suspended.  There is a max 10,000 limit (5,000 MFS) of property tax and state taxes "SALT".  And you can only deduct Medical that’s over 7.5% of your AGI.  Also the deduction for job expenses have been suspended.

FAQ on 2018 changes <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4482394-how-will-tax-reform-affect-my-2018-federal-tax-return">htt...>
skgeorge108
Returning Member

Itemized deductions, $40k of state income tax, $13K (limited to 10k) of property taxes.
skgeorge108
Returning Member

50 k state income tax, 13k property tax or 10k

Sorry your Total taxes is 63,000.  10,000 max on all.

The 10,000 max is not just on property tax.  It’s on all taxes you paid.  Here’s another link,
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901589-can-i-deduct-state-or-local-income-tax-on-my-federal-retur...>

And see the 8th item listed on this FAQ - State,Local,property SALT Deduction
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4482394-how-will-tax-reform-affect-my-2018-federal-tax-return">htt...>
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Since you are using TurboTax Live you should address your question to a TurboTax Live tax expert. They can look at your tax return and explain what's going on. Here in AnswerXchange we cannot see your tax return, so it would be very difficult to figure out what's happening.

The 10,000 limit is for ALL taxes combined - Property tax and state taxes.
SALT = State and Local Taxes.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies