Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member


My husbands W2G has my SSN. What do I do 

2 Replies
Level 15


I would start by asking your husband why he used your SSN at a casino.  And then get the casino to issue a corrected W-2G.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Not applicable


if your filing jointly it makes no difference.  If something is awry in your marriage you would be able to claim innocent spouse but the IRS might assert it's your income because of your SSN,  not spouse's.   it might also make a difference for state income taxes, but can't be sure.  Ask your spouse why it was done.

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings