Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Updating Turbotax

Well, to avoid going to jail for a fraudulent tax submission, I tried to upgrade my Turbotax Deluxe to Premier. I had a tech rep help me for well over an hour. Paying for the upgrade is the only that went smoothly. We had to uninstall Turbotax Deluxe to upgrade it. After it started to install, I figured I could do the rest myself. Well, after it installed, it was STILL Turbotax Deluxe, and all my previous tax entries were still there. I have no idea what happened. The program start page does not say "Turbotax Advantage Premire", either. Why would my previous entries still be accessible. In fact, the start page indicated I was continuing with my return. I am at a loss. I'm about ready to just take my stuff in to have it done. I've always had great luck with Turbotax since 2014.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Updating Turbotax

Please call TurboTax Customer service.  Here is a link:  Turbo Tax Customer Service 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Updating Turbotax

Thank you so much for replying! I got it straightened out yesterday with Brittany! Looking the aforementioned section over, I don't remember what I paid for something over fifty years ago, but I'll give it my best shots. I didn't keep receipts. This was a hobby. Some recent personal items I can remember, but, again, no receipts. I should have got the estimate for the pyramid and just bury the stuff with me in my back yard.

Updating Turbotax

Why did you have to upgrade to Premier?  All the Desktop programs have the same forms. You just get more help and guidance in the higher versions.   And your previous entries should still be  there.  It is in a data file ending in .tax2023 separate from the program.  The Desktop program can do unlimited returns.  You don't have to delete it, you can just start a new return (go up to File-New).  

Updating Turbotax

I admit to being a Neanderthal in these matters. With this new 1099-K thing, the info I gleaned was to get the upgrade. I never received the 1099-K from eBay because I didn't sell much. Just wanted to be able to get the job done as accurately as possible. The upgrade seemed to be the easiest route. I started having trouble with my computer because of a Microsoft update that failed. As a result, I could not load my Turbotax program disk on my desktop. Had to do a site download. When I got to the eBay stuff the program kept referring to the 1099-K. Everything I read said to upgrade to Premire. Iwas still using Deluxe when I got a bogus Windows Defender screen, and almost lost all my bank accounts. All this in one week! I just went the route of least resistance and upgraded, hoping something this week would go right!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies