Jessmore

Unemployment and lookback provision

If someone only has unemployment for this tax year and no earned income at all can they use the lookback provision or do they have to have some earned income for the year?

Unemployment and lookback provision

YES ... your situation is  exactly why there is a look back option this year ... take advantage of it.  

Jessmore

Unemployment and lookback provision

Its not my situation I'm asking for someone else. The software is not triggering for them to use the lookback provision. When I put in my information I was able to use the provision but I dont have unemployment just made less because of working less. The other person only had unemployment and can't get the software to ask about it.

scmist

Unemployment and lookback provision

I logged into TT this morning to see if  "look back" had been updated.  It wasn't on the opening page after logging in - so I went back line by line on my Federal return.

Since this provision falls under EIC, I selected 2019 when I got to that section and it let me change it (rather than using 2020).  In other words, it didn't flag it as an issue.  I did a review again of my returns and still no flag.  Also researched look back on the web to check.

I'm submitting today as believe this is correct and I still have time if there should be an issue.