Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

GoGators-NYC
Returning Member

Turbotax business form 1116 (copy 1) country must be entered

I am running error check on a Trust return in Turbotax business.  The trust has a 1099-DIV with foreign taxes paid in line 7 and a supplemental form which details how much of the overall dividends were received from foreign sources. 

In form 1116 Column A is completely blank, but Column 2 has RIC + foreign dividends paid by mutual funds with information on line 1a and additional calcs on line 3.  

Issue is the error check is saying it wants me to enter a country in Column A, cell i (the first cell in Part 1).  Since the column is blank I dont know what to do here. If I put any value in the cell, it wants me to add additional value to cell 1a.

Thoughts?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

Try entering the same country code for Column A that you entered for Column B. The instructions say to use "RIC" if that applies to the income on line 1a. If you are prompted for an amount in Column A Line 1a, enter zero.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I have the exact same problem. I believe I had the same problem last year, but I don't recall what I had to do to fix the problem. Seems like there's a bug in Turbotax for Business.

I may have stumbled on a fix.

I switched to forms mode and then I selected "forms" on the top menu bar, then selected "show list of forms", and then selected my Form 1099-DIV from the list of forms. I then scrolled down to Box 7 and changed line b) from column B to column A. I then closed the form and reran the audit and my return now successfully passes the audit check.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies