• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trim723

Turbo Tax Question: "Did you assign your Motor Vehicle Tax Credit Assigned to Financing Company?" Is this asking me is I financed my new car purchase?

3 Replies
Anita01

Turbo Tax Question: "Did you assign your Motor Vehicle Tax Credit Assigned to Financing Company?" Is this asking me is I financed my new car purchase?

No, it's asking if you assigned your credit to the loan company so they could take it instead of you.

hhaezz

how do you know if you did that?

RobertG
Expert Alumni

At the time you purchase your vehicle the dealer will tell you if you can claim the Plug-In Electric Drive Motor Vehicle Credit, or if the dealer will claim it.  Sometimes the dealer will claim it and reduce the price of the car to you.  This way you get the full benefit regardless of your tax situation.  Some dealers let you claim it.

@hhaezz @trim723

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v