squeeveg214

Through my job we have a health and wellness program that I received rewards from worth a value of $441. Where do I add that in my return? I can’t find anywhere to add it.

?
JohnW222

You should include this on your return as "Other Income," following these steps:

1. In TurboTax Online, click "Take Me to my Return"
  2. Click "Federal" on the left side of your screen
  3. Scroll down, to "Less Common Income," then click "Show More"
  4. Click "Start" to the right of Form 1099-A, 1099-C
  5. Scroll down, to "Other Reportable Income" and click "Start"
  6. On the "Any Other Taxable Income?" screen, indicate "Yes"
  7. On the "Other Taxable Income" screen, enter a description (for example, Employment Wellness Award) and the dollar amount of the award
  8. Continue the onscreen interview through to completion
Katej1213

Would I do this same process if I received an HSA Wellness Contribution directly from my health insurance company to my HSA? I know I need to claim the contribution as my own (line 2) and not a contribution by my employer (line 9), but I am not sure if I need to claim contributions to the HSA as income as well (since it isn't a gift card/reward outside of HSA contribution).

Cynthiad66

@Katej1213

Per JohnW222

1. In TurboTax Online, click "Take Me to my Return"
  2. Click "Federal" on the left side of your screen
  3. Scroll down, to "Less Common Income," then click "Show More"
  5. Scroll down, to "Other Reportable Income" and click "Start"
  6. On the "Any Other Taxable Income?" screen, indicate "Yes"
  7. On the "Other Taxable Income" screen, enter a description (for example, Employment Wellness Award) and the dollar amount of the award
Katej1213

Even though it is going straight into my HSA from UHC Motion and not coming to me as a gift card or some other form of a reward? Just want to make sure.

It is reported as income but then also as a contribution to the HSA  so it offsets each other and makes the contribution legal. 

Katej1213

Okay, got it. 

For some reason I was thinking I got a tax benefit for the money going directly into the HSA from UHC Motion rather than getting like a gift card, etc. Which I guess I still do get a tax benefit because I get to claim those UHC Motion contributions as income AND my personal contributions so it's basically a wash, rather than just having to claim as income.

Thanks for your help!