turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Through my job we have a health and wellness program that I received rewards from worth a value of $441. Where do I add that in my return? I can’t find anywhere to add it.

?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
JohnW222
Expert Alumni

Through my job we have a health and wellness program that I received rewards from worth a value of $441. Where do I add that in my return? I can’t find anywhere to add it.

You should include this on your return as "Other Income," following these steps:

1. In TurboTax Online, click "Take Me to my Return"
  2. Click "Federal" on the left side of your screen
  3. Scroll down, to "Less Common Income," then click "Show More"
  4. Click "Start" to the right of Form 1099-A, 1099-C
  5. Scroll down, to "Other Reportable Income" and click "Start"
  6. On the "Any Other Taxable Income?" screen, indicate "Yes"
  7. On the "Other Taxable Income" screen, enter a description (for example, Employment Wellness Award) and the dollar amount of the award
  8. Continue the onscreen interview through to completion
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Would I do this same process if I received an HSA Wellness Contribution directly from my health insurance company to my HSA? I know I need to claim the contribution as my own (line 2) and not a contribution by my employer (line 9), but I am not sure if I need to claim contributions to the HSA as income as well (since it isn't a gift card/reward outside of HSA contribution).

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

@Katej1213

Per JohnW222

You should include this on your return as "Other Income," following these steps:

1. In TurboTax Online, click "Take Me to my Return"
  2. Click "Federal" on the left side of your screen
  3. Scroll down, to "Less Common Income," then click "Show More"
  4. Click "Start" to the right of Form 1099-A, 1099-C
  5. Scroll down, to "Other Reportable Income" and click "Start"
  6. On the "Any Other Taxable Income?" screen, indicate "Yes"
  7. On the "Other Taxable Income" screen, enter a description (for example, Employment Wellness Award) and the dollar amount of the award
  8. Continue the onscreen interview through to completion
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Even though it is going straight into my HSA from UHC Motion and not coming to me as a gift card or some other form of a reward? Just want to make sure.

It is reported as income but then also as a contribution to the HSA  so it offsets each other and makes the contribution legal. 

Okay, got it. 

For some reason I was thinking I got a tax benefit for the money going directly into the HSA from UHC Motion rather than getting like a gift card, etc. Which I guess I still do get a tax benefit because I get to claim those UHC Motion contributions as income AND my personal contributions so it's basically a wash, rather than just having to claim as income.

Thanks for your help!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies