turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do i claim loss of income due to Hurricane Harvey, Turbo tax only gives options for casualty losses.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Coleen3
Intuit Alumni

How do i claim loss of income due to Hurricane Harvey, Turbo tax only gives options for casualty losses.

There is no deduction for loss of income. Since it is an income tax, you have less income to pay tax on.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Secondly, Why wont Turbo tax let you e-file when i there is a 401k withdrawl for hurricane harvey related expenses.
Coleen3
Intuit Alumni

What happens specifically.

At the end it says cannot efile due to 401k withdrawl but we will help you fill out mailing forms.
Coleen3
Intuit Alumni

Unfortunately, that is correct. The only other option is delete the entry, e-file (pay penalty) and then amend when it is accepted. I am personally not in favor of amending unless you absolutely have to.
Coleen3
Intuit Alumni

There is no deduction for loss of income. Since it is an income tax, you have less income to pay tax on.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies