turbotax icon
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where do I enter my travel expenses ,Auto Insurance and licensing ?

1 Reply
New Member

Where do I enter my travel expenses ,Auto Insurance and licensing ?

The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 made significant changes in many areas of tax law. Among the most discussed in the media has been the suspension, from 2018 through 2025, of the itemized deduction for miscellaneous itemized deductions subject to the 2% limit. This category included virtually all unreimbursed work-related expenses (travel, tools and supplies, uniforms, etc.) for W-2 wage earners. Also eliminated are tax return preparation fees, investment advisory fees, union dues, home office expenses, etc.

Almost all of the work-related expenses list above are still deductible on Schedule C for self-employed persons, be they sole proprietors or independent contractors.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Manage cookies