Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

lhirsch17

Paid for a heat pump through the Hero program and started to pay for it in 2017. Where do I deduct the interest on my tax return?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
LisaBr

Paid for a heat pump through the Hero program and started to pay for it in 2017. Where do I deduct the interest on my tax return?

The interest paid on your HERO program is entered as additional mortgage interest:

1.  Go to Federal.

2.  Select Deductions and Credits.

3.  Select Your Home.

4.  The first choice in this section is Mortgage Interest, Refinancing and Interest (1098).

You will Add a Lender, enter the information regarding your HERO interest.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
LisaBr

The interest paid on your HERO program is entered as additional mortgage interest:

1.  Go to Federal.

2.  Select Deductions and Credits.

3.  Select Your Home.

4.  The first choice in this section is Mortgage Interest, Refinancing and Interest (1098).

You will Add a Lender, enter the information regarding your HERO interest.

But this section of TurboTax assumes you have a 1098.  You don't get 1098's from the HERO program.  So how do you fill out the section?  Just pretend you had a 1098 and fill in the relevant information in the relevant fields of the TurboTax page?

Hero interest is not reported on a 1098. The county is usually the lender. Don't you have to report the taxpayer id number and address of the lender for interest not reported on a 1098? How do you report this?

Did you ever get a solution to this problem?

Hero interest is not reported on a 1098. The county is usually the lender. Don't you have to report the taxpayer id number and address of the lender for interest not reported on a 1098? How do you report this?

Thanks,

Deb

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies