turbotax icon
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Teacher conference fees

I am a teacher and I attended a conference out of state. Do I enter the entire amount in Educator Expenses including fees, hotel and food. Or do I enter it in job related expenses?
This feature is pending. Thanks for your patience.
Didn't get the answer you wanted? Our digital assistant can help you.
2 Replies

Teacher conference fees

Use Job Related Expenses. Enter travel, meals, lodging, and conference as prompted for a business trip.

'Educator expenses' is a special category, mostly for school supplies ...

Teacher conference fees

IMPORTANT UPDATE: Above answer is Not valid for 2018 returns. Most job related expenses are no longer deductible for W-2 employees. However, the Educator Expenses adjustment for full-time K-12 teachers remains unchanged.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Manage cookies