turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tkrause66

Somehow a property C was added to my schedule E. I only have two properties. How do I remove Property C at the review stage? It keeps asking me to fill in the info for it

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Somehow a property C was added to my schedule E. I only have two properties. How do I remove Property C at the review stage? It keeps asking me to fill in the info for it

Go back to where you entered your rental properties and find the one that is there by mistake.  Then delete it.

Carl
Level 15

Did you perhaps have a situation where you sold a rental property and acquired another in the same tax year? Possibly a 1031 exchange maybe?

For example, if you sold property A in Apr 2020 and purchased/acquired property C in Sept 2020, then both the old *and* the new property will be reported on the 2020 tax return. The return will show the disposition of property A and the acquisition of property C.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies