Schedule A problems

Anonymous
Not applicable

Schedule A problems

On the 1040 I filed as single.  On Line 9 it show $6,028. I'm uncertain where TurboTax got this number.

I did not fill out a Schedule A because I had no itemized deductions.  

And when I look in Forms, there is no Schedule A

Now the IRS is asking for the Schedule A.

Can anyone please help?

Thanks

Schedule A problems

Ok ... if you are filing separately and your spouse itemized  OR   you are claimed as someone else's dependent then you don't get to use the standard deduction for the single status ... so save a PDF of the return with all the worksheets and review the line 9 computations ... and see the 1040 instructions on pages 29 & 30  ...https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i1040gi.pdf   

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the userID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show.  Click on the Year and Click on Download/print return (PDF)

--------------  OR   –----------

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

This will take you back to the 2019 online tax return.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  Choose the option Include government and TurboTax worksheets

Schedule A problems

The standard deduction for someone who checks the box (on form 1040) that says he can be claimed as a dependent is his earned income + $350.  He does not get the full $12,200 standard deduction, unless his earned income is more than $11,850.