Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Sales Tax deduction is not working in 2019 Premium

Its understood that the sales tax deduction is only available to those that itemize; and for married/joint returns, the threshold is $24,400.  As I do have deductions > 24.4 K, i will be itemizing.  And I would like to include the sales tax deduction.  However, my version of Turbo Tax Premier keeps stating that :

"You've done a great job starting your taxes early, but the IRIS is still working on finishing up the sales tax deduction area.  We expect this form to be ready for you on 01/20/2020".  

Its now March 20, 2020, and I keep getting the same message.  Can someone who works for Intuit tell me how to include my deduction for sales taxes in my 2019 return.  I already went through an IRIS website sales tax deduction calculator, and I know ~ what the amount will be.  How can I include in my turboTax return???

Thanks in advance for any help.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
DawnC
Expert Alumni

Your software is not up to date.  Try using these instructions/tips to get your software updated, as you should not be seeing that message.  

If you're on a PC, open TurboTax and select Check for Updates from the Online menu near the top. On a Mac, simply quit and reopen TurboTax. If there are any updates, you'll be prompted to download them.

Tips:

• It's best to use a wired, high-speed connection when updating, both to save time and minimize data corruption.
  • If your connection drops in the middle of the update, try again; it should pick up where it left off.
  • If you're having trouble updating on your PC, try a manual update.

Related Information:

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Yes, I agree, my software is not up to date.

However, when I download the update path ("w_perrelsuperpatch_ttax_[phone number removed].exe"), and go to install it, i get the message "TurboTax 2019 is not installed.  Please install TurboTax 2019 first and then re-run this update"

So, i then uninstalled and re-installed, and I get the same messages.  At this point, I believe I have some sort of glitch in the software download, and I need an updated program exe file.  Not sure how I go about doing that; perhaps Intuit can provide some follow up.

KarenM90
Intuit Alumni

If you can not do a manual update using these instructions:  Manual Update, please contact customer service as request that they push a download to you.

Customer Service Contact Information

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies