Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Rerurned RMD

@CaptainAl22 Go back to step-by-step and complete the 1099-R section.

CaptainAl22
Returning Member

Rerurned RMD

I did and put 2a Taxable Amount = 0.00

dmertz
Level 15

Rerurned RMD

Form 1099-R for a regular distribution from a traditional IRA must never have a zero in box 2a.  It is required to show the same amount in box 2a as is in box 1.  The Form 1099-R for an IRA distribution must be entered exactly as shown on the form received from the payer.  If you haven't yet received the Form 1099-R from the payer, delete whatever you have entered regarding this distribution and wait for the form to arrive from the payer.

CaptainAl22
Returning Member

Rerurned RMD

I have the 1099-R.  I have no way to enter it into TT unless I have box 2a as zero.  What we need is a form showing the distribution was rolled back.  I have no way to tell TT it was.  If you have a way let me know. 

dmertz
Level 15

Rerurned RMD

There is no entry form to tell that the distribution was rolled back other than the pages that ask what you did with the money.  The rollover is indicated on your tax return by how you answer the questions that TurboTax asks when you are entering the Form 1099-R as provided by the payer.  The screen images provided others above show how to answer the questions to get that result.  If you don't see those questions, delete the 1099-R from TurboTax and reenter, answering the questions as described in those screen images.  Otherwise, describe the sequence of questions that you are seeing and the answers you are providing to those questions.

Rerurned RMD

The form is the 1040 line 4b showing zero taxable with the word ROLLOVER by it.

CaptainAl22
Returning Member

Rerurned RMD

I got it.  Thank You so much

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies