Reporting foreign income without a W2 or any other form received

juliarose92

I earned foreign income from the U.S. Student Program in the form of a stipend. Out of the stipend I paid all my expenses. I never received a W2 or any such form yet on the tax return it says "This means the things your employer provided as extra benefits, but didn't give you cash or stipend to pay for" which is inaccurate because I DID receive a stipend and I am not sure in which box to report my earnings because it doesn't fit into any of the categories listed.
Carl

The foreign income is reported under the Personal Income tab. Scroll down to Less Common Income and elect to start/update Foreign Earned Income & Exclusion.

For any foreign taxes that were withheld or that you paid, that's entered under the Deductions & Credits tab. Scroll down to Estimates & Other Taxes Paid and elect to start/update Foreign Taxes.