turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Recovery Stimulus worksheet in TurboTax

I need to print out a copy of the Recovery credit worksheet but cant find it in my return download.  How can I go to find how I answered the questions.  I think I might have checked yes for receiving my 2nd payment of $600 when in fact I never have received it. IRS already accepted my return a couple of weeks ago.  I'd like to see how I answered before I amend my return.  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
DanaB27
Expert Alumni

If you are using TurboTax Desktop and answered yes that you received the full amounts then TurboTax does not create the Recovery Rebate Credit worksheet. Therefore, if you cannot see it in the Print Center, then you answered that you received the full amounts.

If you received Notice 1444 in the mail but have not received your payment as mentioned in the notice, then you need to request a trace to be able to claim the Recovery Rebate Credit on your 2020 tax return. Please see How do I request a payment trace to track my first or second Economic Impact Payments?

Please wait until your original return has been processed before filing Form 1040X. You can e-file your 2020 amended federal tax return. Please see FAQ How to amend a tax return for instructions.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Very helpful, thank you so much.  I do have a follow-up question. I just received the IRS 1444B letter yesterday.  Could it be possible I'm receiving the stimulus payment this late?  And if I do received my stimulus, I assume I will not have to amend my return.  Is that correct? 

Also, I used TurboTax online.

DanaB27
Expert Alumni

Yes, it could be that you are still receiving the second stimulus payment this late. Please wait to see if you receive it. If you don't receive it after a couple of weeks then request a trace like mentioned above and amend your return to claim the Recovery Rebate Credit.

For TurboTax Online a tip if you ever want to print the worksheets from your return then please follow these steps:

1. In TurboTax Online, sign into your account.
  2. Select Tax Home in the left menu.
  3. Scroll down to Your tax returns & documents.
  4. Select Add a State (you're not actually adding a state, this opens the return back up)
  5. Select Tax Tools on the left and then Print Center and choose the print center
  6. Select returns and choose to print just the tax return or to include all worksheets as well
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

That's awesome.  Thank you for a quick response.

tobea

I am having the same problem I received last year credit but did not receive this year credit and do not see any way to pull down the form. Still trying to finish my tax forms.   

@tobea wrote:

I am having the same problem I received last year credit but did not receive this year credit and do not see any way to pull down the form. Still trying to finish my tax forms.   

The question for receiving the 3rd stimulus payment will be asked after you have completed the federal tax return in the Federal Review section of the program.

Click on Federal

Click on Other Tax Situations

Scroll down and click on Let's keep going

The following screen will ask about the stimulus payment

If it does not ask about the third stimulus payment then there are only two reasons it would not be asked -

1.  You are being claimed as a dependent (or)

2.  Your 2021 Adjusted Gross Income is over the maximum for the Recovery Rebate Credit

• Single or married filing separately—$80,000
• Married filing jointly or qualifying widow(er)—$160,000
• Head of household—$120,000

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies