turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rcapach
Returning Member

Recovery rebate credit error

My wife and I had a son in 2020. Our combined income is under $150K and we received $2400 and $1200 stimulus checks for the year. My understanding is that because my son was born during 2020 and we did NOT get extra money for a dependent because it was judged on our 2019 returns that the Recovery Rebate Credit worksheet SHOULD be showing that we are getting an extra $1100 because of him. It says we got the correct amount for the year. Am I doing something wrong or is TurboTax wrong with this?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Did you add your baby under My Info? Be sure when it asks how long your child lived with you that you pick THE WHOLE YEAR (which is acceptable for newborns) and not just the number of months. Go back and double check that.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Did you add your baby under My Info? Be sure when it asks how long your child lived with you that you pick THE WHOLE YEAR (which is acceptable for newborns) and not just the number of months. Go back and double check that.

rcapach
Returning Member

That appears to have been the issue. I must have accidentally scrolled to a number instead of 'The Whole Year'. Thanks!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies