Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

When is Foreign Tax Credit (Form 1116) going to be ready on turbo tax?

Thanks for clarifying!

It is indeed the Form 1116, Schedule B that I am waiting for.

kfletch843
Returning Member

Getting error message when trying to file return electronically. Message says to attach  pdf of Form 1116 Sched B?  Won’t let me proceed. Please advise. 

kfletch843
Returning Member

Form 1116 Sched B still not available for efiling, this being Mar 11. Kind of ridiculous and frustrating, especially having paid the state efiling fee for state and the error message then shows up on the transmit page. 

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

To clarify, what Turbo Tax product are you using, online or software?

@kfletch843

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
dwei22

I am using TurboTax Home and Business 2021 (Mac). I paid some taxes in Canada and tried to get credit for it. Thus far, TurboTax was able to deduct part of that using Foreign Tax Credit formula, but during the "final review" TurboTax alerted me to an error: the absence of Form 1116. I have checked for updates religiously these past days without any luck. 

kfletch843
Returning Member

Software

kfletch843
Returning Member

The Form 1116 Sched B problem I encountered is on the Windows version software to be more specific

MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

Form 1116 Schedule B is available.  If you had Foreign Tax Credit carryovers from 2020, you may want to go through the Foreign Tax Credit section again in the step-by-step mode.

Other users have successfully Efiled.

Since we can't see your return in this forum, contact Contact TurboTax Help if you are still unable to Efile. 

kfletch843
Returning Member

Thanks. But when I tried to transmit my returns an error message indicating that the Schedule B to Form 1116 was not available. The program prevented me from transmitting my return. I could find nothing that allowed me to proceed. 

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

If you are still unable to transmit after updating, please follow the instructions here to contact us by phone so we can look into this further. @kfletch843

kfletch843
Returning Member

Thanks. I won’t be able to try again until early next week. If I have a problem again I will contact you as indicated. 

kfletch843
Returning Member

I was able to finally transmit my federal and state income tax return online after updating. The update eliminated the Form 1116Schedule B issue that prevented my filing electronically.

Unfortunately, I received a late 1099 Misc after filing my returns online and have to amend my return. When I attempt to transmit my amended tax return electronically, I get the same error message I received when I attempted to transmit my original tax return electronically.

The error message I receive when attempting to transmit my amended tax return is:

We can't file your return because we are unable to locate the attachment at/attachment/Form1116ScheduleB.pdf. Please go back and re-attach it. Then try e-filing again.

This was the same error message I had received when I attempted to transmit my original tax return electronically (since corrected).

Can you correct this problem for filing an amended return now.  Please advise. Thanks.

kfletch843
Returning Member

I was able to finally transmit my federal and state income tax return online after updating. The update eliminated the Form 1116Schedule B issue that prevented my filing electronically.

Unfortunately, I received a late 1099 Misc after filing my returns online and have to amend my return. When I attempt to transmit my amended tax return electronically, I get the same error message I received when I attempted to transmit my original tax return electronically.

The error message I receive when attempting to transmit my amended tax return is:

We can't file your return because we are unable to locate the attachment at/attachment/Form1116ScheduleB.pdf. Please go back and re-attach it. Then try e-filing again.

This was the same error message I had received when I attempted to transmit my original tax return electronically (since corrected).

Can you correct this problem for filing an amended return now.  Please advise. Thanks.

sam_lun
Returning Member

my 2021 federal return was rejected due to incomplete Form 1116. If I delete the form (ie include my foreign tax paid in Schedule 3) can the error be cleared before re-submission via e-filing ? please advise

Sam 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies