turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

pehendo1

When doing the final review, it keeps asking for the sold date on one of my vehicles. I have not sold it, I still own it. I can not figure out how to fix this, help?

i can not complete my taxes for this reason. i have reviewed it several times.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

When doing the final review, it keeps asking for the sold date on one of my vehicles. I have not sold it, I still own it. I can not figure out how to fix this, help?

This is all wrapped up in how you answered the interview questions about deducting vehicle expenses.  Did you stop using the vehicle during 2020?  Did you sell it traded it or...? 

Try this:

First, delete Form 8824:

1. Go to "My Account" in the top right corner

2. Select "Tools"

3. Under "Tools Center" select "Delete a Form"

4.  Navigate to "Form 8824" and select "Delete" next to it

Follow the steps below to let TurboTax know you did not sell your vehicle:

1. Search "Form 2106" in the upper right corner

2. Choose "Jump to Form 2106"

3. Select "Edit" next to your occupation

4. Continue until you arrive to the "Vehicle Summary" page

5. Select "Edit" next to your vehicle

6. Continue until your arrive to the screen that says, "Are You Still Using Your Car for Business?" in blue

7. Answer "No, I stopped using my car for business"

8. Proceed to select "Continue" and leave any question regarding a sale blank in the section

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
pehendo1

Thank you

This is soooooo annoying!!!!

HopeS
Expert Alumni

If you need to clarify an issue please repost.

@rachela 

I had to delete ride share work from 2021 because it was not done in 2022. I put that we stopped doing the work because of the absence of it and also don't know if there's a requirement for age when driving for these companies; otherwise,  could be done again with same vehicle, which is probably what triggered the idea that I sold my vehicle.

I went back in and changed it to didn't stop since we could do in future and I don't plan on buying a new vehicle. However, the error still persisted.

I tried following the instructions in some of the other posts, but was unsuccessful. I did not see anyway to delete a form per suggestions above, and redoing the information over and over from the main menu did nothing to change the results either. Ultimately turbo tax said I can print it out and mail it and I am not ready to take on that extra step on tax day itself, and also when I am all set up from being a repeat customer to Turbo Tax.

Hope that helps clarify. The posts are very helpful actually even if it didn't work for me.

I see you deleted the rideshare from 2021, would you clarify, did you delete the Schedule C worksheet? The Vehicle ?

@rachela 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies