turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Florvinny
Returning Member

We purchased a second home in 2020 in a different state, where do I enter this information? And/or are there any tax benefits when purchasing a second home?

I'm currently using TurboTax Deluxe, is this the right option?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

We purchased a second home in 2020 in a different state, where do I enter this information? And/or are there any tax benefits when purchasing a second home?

Only thing is you can deduct mortgage interest and property taxes (with limitations) if you Itemize Deductions.   You can enter deductions into Deluxe.

Florvinny
Returning Member

Can I do this even if I didn't get a form 1098 for the purchase of the second house? We only have the documents from when we purchase took place. 

Yes but you need to know how much interest you paid.  All the tax forms haven't come yet.  You may still get a 1098 in the mail.  Everything is slow this year.  

Florvinny
Returning Member

Thanks for your help!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies