Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbotax says QBI is "not yet supported in the program for k-1 purposes". When will this be fixed? I can't find information on a release date.

I should qualify for QBI deduction, have the code Z in line 20 of my K-1, but TT is saying I don't qualify. In the review section I get this message: "the section 199a information code has been entered but the qualified business income deduction is not yet supported in the program for k-1 purposes"

Is there a fix for this? We're in tax season now, I'm wondering if something is wrong here, as I can't imagine TT isn't up to date as people are filing.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Turbotax says QBI is "not yet supported in the program for k-1 purposes". When will this be fixed? I can't find information on a release date.

This should be fixed within the next week to ten days; Form 8995-A is scheduled to be released on 2/5/2020.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

This should be fixed within the next week to ten days; Form 8995-A is scheduled to be released on 2/5/2020.

KSM317

release still not available it is now 2/25/20 - when will this be updated

KSM317

I have TurboTax Home & business and this release is still not available 2/25/20

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

For the purposes of the qualified business deduction, these need to be reported on a 8995A.  This form has not been released by the IRS.

Here is the latest updates on when the forms will be released by the IRS. Please review this IRS link. for information on the latest updates. Looks like 2/28/2020 for the 8995A form.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Really? Mine got the update on 2/5 and went through just fine. 

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

Review this IRS link, This is where i got the information. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies