turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Still getting Error - Deductible Home Mortgage Interest Worksheet

Wow Donin,

You seem to have a "CHAMP" and Level 15 badge. Instead of giving a lesson on which product to use, can you maybe shed some light as being a CHAMP on when will TT fix this? Do you have any network / connections.

Thanks for pointing that out.  Funny how I got a quick response to something that I am in violation to instead of the problem at hand.  People have been writing on this topic for a couple weeks now.  Do you work for TT?  Can you find out any other information on this problem then what we can?  Do you have a solution to it?  

@frstperrygrl See this TurboTax support FAQ for the Deductible Mortgage Interest Worksheet issue - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/homeowner-tax-credits-and-deductions/help/why-isn-t-my-deductible-...

Thank you for posting this error.  I am experiencing the same problem and it is delaying my filing this year.  I'll bookmark the string in case anyone should catch wind that TurboTax has fixed the issue ... in which case, hopefully someone will post that they have received an email from TurboTax.  Happy tax season all!

TT, please provide an update

jseppa01
Level 2
Intuit Approved! This answer has been verified for accuracy by an Intuit expert employee

just got this from support

"Currently there is an investigation in place to fix this issue, and you will receive an email when we fix it."

I just "chatted" with support and they said for the new form to get used, I had to delete my previous 1098 entries and clear cache and cookies and re-enter for it to use the new form. Hope this helps

Also following! Same issue.

I just tried deleting the 1098 entries, then deleting the TT cookies (in chrome click on the padlock in the location bar, then click cookies. You can delete for only this site)

I re-inputed my 1098 forms and ...

Still get the same issue, doh!

Removed all 1098, saved, closed browser. deleted all cookies, re-entered all 1098s, same issue...

but why did TT take my money before i could file?

Chrome Version 98.0.4758.102 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Windows 10 Ent, 21H1 19043.1526
TurboTax Premier 2021 online

I tried deleting all three of my 1098's, logging out, clearing cookies and cache, logging back in, re-inputting all 1098's, no change to the ultimate Home Mortgage Worksheet form error that stops e-filing.

There was however one minor difference: This time when asked to check the Home Mortgage Worksheet form, Line 13C had no Yes or No answer and was highlighted in red. I input Yes which cleared the red highlight but sadly that didn't help clear the form. Final Review still says that form has an error. 

Hope this gets fixed soon.

Yes and they actually charged me twice!  Still getting error with over 10K in refund being owed back.

Great times!

jbernhart
Returning Member

I am still seeing this error and it is now well past 17 Feb.  Any updates on fixed/updates to TurboTax so that we can file our taxes?

After reading through a bunch of these posts I actually went and filed on Tax Act no problems. When I googled this a few days ago, it seems like this is an issue this year and PAST years which leads me to believe that this probably isnt going to get resolved any time soon. I recommend just using another Tax service....

Sorry forgot to respond later that night when NONE of that worked. Sigh. Got someone trying to help me now on it as I also can't view/edit my schedule E. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies