Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

pill pusher
Returning Member

On the home mortgage interest worksheet it asks for an amount on line f4 but i cannot put an amount in?

i cannot finish my return without putting the amount borrowed in that boix
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies
JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

On the home mortgage interest worksheet it asks for an amount on line f4 but i cannot put an amount in?

Line f4 is the amount borrowed in 2020.  This should be posted in step by step as a 2020 mortgage.

To post your mortgage interest you will start with:

• Deductions & Credits
  • Select Mortgage Interest & Refinancing
  • Enter Bank name ( you may import the file, or if you have a copy you may enter it yourself)
  • To enter yourself select Change how I enter my form
  • There are two boxes. Do not select either
  • Select Type it myself
  • Continue with the interview
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
pill pusher
Returning Member

did not answer my question, but I fixed it myself...thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

How did you end up fixing this? I'm having the same issue and can't figure it out. 

What did you do to fix it?  I am having the same problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable

If I recall correctly, I ended up having to right click in the field and click "Override" (or something like that). Then, it allowed me to edit the blank. 

FunkyMama2
Returning Member

On the worksheet, I clicked the box where I needed to enter my amount.  Then I went to edit and I clicked override.  I was then able to type in the box.

msw5045

THANK YOU. It's after 11 pm, I am 3 whiskeys in, and I really really wanted to finish my goddamn taxes. Turbotax needs to fix this glitch! 

jar58108

In the interview you get to a page that asks - tell us how you've used this loan.  There are 3 questions, but no entry box for the question: What is the original balance?  By going into Forms, and right clicking (i have a PC) on the highlighted spot on F4 in the Home Mortgage Interest Limitation Smart Worksheet you can select Override, then you can enter the amount.  When you return to the interview, a box with the amount has magically appeared.

right click the box needed to be filled as explained by another previous and click on override and then enter the amount in the field required.

LF64

THANK YOU SO MUCH!  I was so frustrated by not being able to enter an amount in Line F4.  Your right click trick did the trick!  Whew!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies