turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Anonymous
Not applicable

K-1 (Form1041) for Estate with 11A (STMT) and 11C dollar amount

I received a K-1 from my dad's estate.  11A says STMT and 11C says $56079.

On the 11A STMT it says Total Income (Form 1041 Line 9) -3000 Plus Capital Losses 3000 Less Total Deduction (Line 16) 21694    Total Excess Deductions 21694 Beneficiary's Percentage 50% Excess Deductions on Termination $10847.  What do I put on my tax return?  When I spoke with the CPA after the estate was complete he told me I would have a loss for several years of $3000.  Not sure where the numbers go into TurboTax. Thanks for any help you can provide!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Line 11(C) is a long-term capital loss carryover which can be used to offset any capital gains you may have and then an additional $3000 per year against other income.

Line 11(A) represents excess deductions which have typically wound up on Schedule A in the past. However, since tax reform (the TCJA) has essentially eliminated miscellaneous itemized deductions, that figure will, in all probability, have no utility (although you can enter the $10,847 figure).

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Line 11(C) is a long-term capital loss carryover which can be used to offset any capital gains you may have and then an additional $3000 per year against other income.

Line 11(A) represents excess deductions which have typically wound up on Schedule A in the past. However, since tax reform (the TCJA) has essentially eliminated miscellaneous itemized deductions, that figure will, in all probability, have no utility (although you can enter the $10,847 figure).

TerryA
Intuit Alumni

There is input into TT for your K-1. Search for "K-1", or going through the Income section look for "Schedules K-1" and follow along. You'll be provided input for all appropriate 1041 Sch K-1 lines.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much! I was looking at that statement trying to figure out what of those numbers goes into the box A.  Of course TT did not offer much help. I KNEW I would get a great answer here!  Thanks TAGTEAM!  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies