Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I used the app mile IQ to track mileage for my ride share business with Lyft, how do I use the data from the app when doing my taxes with turbotax?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I used the app mile IQ to track mileage for my ride share business with Lyft, how do I use the data from the app when doing my taxes with turbotax?

The Mile IQ should give you total miles you drove for the year, as well as total miles you drove specifically for Lyft.  When you enter your information in the business section, you will check the box that you drove for Lyft. TurboTax has customized the interview process for Lyft drivers this year. 

As you walk through the interview you will come to a screen allowing you to enter your mileage. This is where you will enter all of your Mile IQ info.

See screen shots.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
fgbowen

Greetings - 

I am a Doordash driver.

I drive for 12 hours straight during my doordash chosen shift.  I go from delivery to delivery - with some wait time in-between.

I start the app in the morning, and stop it after my shift is over.

I have been using the STRIDE mileage app to track miles.  But I have learned that TurboTax does not accept the STRIDE app.

If I change to Mile IQ, will TurboTax accept That one?  I am believing so because of the answer given in this question-string.

Thank you for Any Help you can give.

I greatly desire to use all my miles driven to be deducted when I fill-out my taxes with TurboTax - but I want to use an app that is accepted by TurboTax.

MaryK4
Expert Alumni

TurboTax does not work with full integration of either app- you can get the information on total miles and work miles and enter it in TurboTax in the Auto Expenses section.  For your tax return, you only need to report the total for the year, but be sure to keep a backup of the records which shows as much detail as possible in the (unlikely) event you are audited.

@

fgbowen

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies