turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I need to go back and change foreign bank account from no to yes. I can't find it in my Turbo Tax Home and business edition. Where is this question located?

I initially answered the foreign bank account No only to find out my husband is a signer on foreign accounts. I am using Turbo Tax Home and Business

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
KarenJ
Intuit Alumni

I need to go back and change foreign bank account from no to yes. I can't find it in my Turbo Tax Home and business edition. Where is this question located?

In the search box at the top of the page, type in foreign accounts and trusts and click the Jump to link.

No "jump to" just a bunch of people asking how do. I cannot find that link cannot find the form cannot change my answer from no to yes.

It asked if "I" had foreign accounts and i do not, but my wife does and it never asked about her.

Actually I do not think it matters as long as I file her FBAR. Am not sure what Turbo has to do with any of this.

Michael

MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

You are correct that you will file the FBAR outside of TurboTax.

However, you must indicate on your tax return whether at any time during the year you had a foreign financial asset. 

Click this link for detailed info on Filing FBAR and  Form 8938 (Statement of Specified Foreign Financial Assets)

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
HV-

I’m using the free/basic version and was unable to find the foreign accounts section via the search option… Click-on the “Other tax situations” section link, that will take you to Uncommon Tax situations. Scroll down to “Other tax forms” and click to open the drop-down menu to see options. To revisit the question asking about having foreign assets, click-on “Prepare a report on foreign financial assets”. 

MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

Form 8938 may not be available in the Basic version; you may be asked to upgrade. 

Try typing '8938' in the Search area, then click on 'Jump to 8938' if you don't see the link under 'Other Tax Situations'. 

Click this link for more info on Entering Foreign Financial Assets.

@HV-

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies