turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

llah3

I have paid a amount of $1,071.24 to something called Prince George i do not own a house how do i file this?

Why is the company i work for taking Prince Georges Taxes out of my paycheck?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I have paid a amount of $1,071.24 to something called Prince George i do not own a house how do i file this?

Prince George's is a county in Maryland state.  Ask your employer why you have funds withdrawn from your wages.

Hal_Al
Level 15

Maryland's 23 counties and Baltimore City levy a local income tax which is collected on the state income tax return as a convenience for local governments.

The local income tax is calculated as a percentage of your taxable income. Local officials set the rates. Prince George Co. is 3.20% for the current tax year.

If your employer withheld it (box 19 of your W-2). you will get credit when you file your state return. 

Residents of Prince Georges County pay a flat county income tax of 3.20% on earned income, in addition to the Maryland income tax and the Federal income tax.

Nonresidents who work in Prince Georges County pay a local income tax of 1.25%, which is 1.95% lower than the local income tax paid by residents.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies