Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I am doing taxes for 2021 using Turbotax Deluxe. Also preparing donation for 2022 on Itsdeductible. I can add custom items but there no standard items

@Critter-3 wrote:

Regarding the FREE It's Deductible tool for 2022 ...

Free-ish maybe. It isn't free to import it into TurboTax; that requires paying for one of the TurboTax products which has this feature.

I am doing taxes for 2021 using Turbotax Deluxe. Also preparing donation for 2022 on Itsdeductible. I can add custom items but there no standard items

@noodad If you want to itemize deductions then you cannot use the Free Edition of TurboTax.   You could never itemize using Free Edition.   The Free Edition has never supported itemizing deductions.   If your income meets the criteria then you can use one of the other free software versions on the IRS Free File site.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

There are still eight various software providers who will participate in the Free File program....

Use this IRS site for other ways to file for free:

https://apps.irs.gov/app/freeFile/

It's really not the point that we cannot use 2022 deductions until tax preparation in 2023.  I rely on It's Deductible to be available for data entry THROUGHOUT the year; it's one of the reasons I use TurboTax.  We're half-way through January and the values for standard items are still not available.  Please fix soonest!

AMMOKIRK:

I'M WITH YOU THERE.  I USE ITS DEDUCTIBLE THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE YEAR TO KEEP TRACK ON MY DONATIONS AND ALL THE VARIOUS THINGS I GIVE TO THE YWCA AND THE AMVETS.    I'VE USED TURBO TAX AND ITS DEDUCTIBLE FOREVER (THOUGH NEXT YEAR I GUESS I'LL HAVE TO USE THE ONLINE VERSION, SINCE MY MACBOOK PRO WILL NO LONGER UPDATE PAST CATALINA .  IT IS 10 YEARS PLUS OLD AND WILL NO LONGER BE SUPPORTED BY TURBOTAX IN 2023 FOR THE 2022 TAX YEAR).

HEY ITS DEDUCTIBLE STAFF:  PUT THE BROWSER IN FOR 2022.

It should be updated and working by the end of this week.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

It is the end of the week and the values for Standard Items are not available.

I am reconsidering my loyalty to use Turbo Tax each year.  The integration with It's Deductible is a key feature.  If It's Deductible will not be functional until well into each tax year, there's less incentive to use Turbo Tax.  Heads up, Intuit.

Well thanks a lot for some not very useful commentary. I realize I cannot use 2022 deductions until I do my 2022 return in 2023. However, I prefer to enter information as it occurs, not have pile of receipts waiting to be entered whenever Intuit gets around to updating its software.

Hooksters
Returning Member

too bad things are not working as good as they say they should

it is just a simple database

Now end of January.  1/12 of the year.  Values for 2022 standard items still not available. 

Earlier promises made by Turbo Tax folks are not being kept.  I will keep this in mind when deciding which tax preparation software to use next year.

@ammokirk 

They're all in there in when I add "Items" to my Its Deductible now.

You do have to enter/select the Charity and date first.

Wonder if some servers haven't been updated yet ?

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

Some folks say the mobile app has not been updated yet ... but the online version has : 

its ded 2022.jpg

I noticed yesterday that the browse portion of its deductible is back!  Yeah!  Also the app flawlessly transferred my 2021 donations to my TurboTax work.  All is right with the world ..... except 2 missing 1099-misc like usual.

Thanks, and I just confirmed the same.  However, while the menu for Standard items is available for new donations, it is not available if you go back and try to edit earlier dates in January.  This is better than nothing, but still a pain for donations already made in 2022.

I hope next year these folks load the values on time.  Such disregard for their Turbo Tax Premier customers...

To illustrate my earlier comment, below is a screen shot taken this morning.  Menu for Standard items NOT available to edit earlier donations (which, of course, is a problem caused by the values not being updated when needed).

Screenshot 2022-01-30 103959.jpg

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies