turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Form 8936 (2019)

VictoriaD75 --

"The IRS is currently defining the availability on Form 8911 as "to be determined." TurboTax will update any forms as made available by the IRS."

That's not accurate, the form has been revised and released within the past week, and is posted on irs.gov: https://www.irs.gov/forms-pubs/about-form-8911

Looks like form 8936 is now available. Just received and TT update and the form is now available. 😀

It's not available on TT website.

Form 8936 is live!  It also mentions the tax credit for the charging station, form 8911, and confirms it's coming soon.

Sweet -- as much as I don't like the delays, TT is the only tax software I have found that has 8911.  For me that's about $400 extra in my pocket.

@CTRAN69 wrote:

It's not available on TT website.

The website for forms and schedules has not been updated yet.

Try accessing the Energy Efficient Vehicle section in the 2019 online edition again.

Not online 🙁

second... not available still. I had date set in my calendar.

After years of turbotax, this is the second issue this year I've had. It seems like they are getting com

O just got it on the Mac update.  It should be available online before midnight tonight.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

@DoninGA 

Still not available in that section, as of 1500 PST.

RDP1965

@SusanY1 

"We appreciate you hanging in as long as you did and hope to see you back next year! "

Tax Identity Theft leading to fraudulent filings are too commonplace and far too hard to remedy to leave to chance.  Filing early is the best if not only  way to mitigate this potential for theft.   Add to this the thousands of dollars the EV credit provides make is even more imperative from a customer standpoint.  

Regardless of where the blame lies, at least some of your competitors seem to have the ability to claim this credit, so customers can file and breath easy.   I've been a TurboTax user for years, and even though I often feel "nickel and dimed" when I've used your product, I stayed with TurboTax because it worked.  

If I  have to use another product to ensure I reduce the risk of losing 8K in tax refunds, it's a no brainer, I will use your competitor's software.  I will only wait until 2/14/2020 for TurboTax to have the capability to process my EV tax credit.

After that date, I will use a competing product.   At that point if Intuit refunds or credits  the cost of my purchase of TurboTax ***OR*** otherwise reimburses me for the cost of their competitor's product,  I will gladly give them another chance with my next year's (2020) taxes. 

Otherwise, SusanY1, both you and Intuit can go pound salt.  Having spent $40.00 for useless tax software will be one mistake I have no intention of repeating.

Bob

SusanY1
Expert Alumni

UPDATE, 4:10 PM Pacific, February 12, 2020.

Users of the Download/CD version of TurboTax please update your software Form 8936, 8606 and 4684 are now available for immediate use.

For TurboTax online users, updates typically happen in the overnight hours, please check tomorrow morning for updates.

Thank you so much for all of your input, suggestions, and patience. 

We are listening to you, and we do appreciate you!

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks Susan!

MC501

Was anyone able to get form 8936 today for efile returns? It’s still not showing up as available in TurboTax and I don’t see it listed on their future forms list?

Yep, just filled in the 8936 form and got the ev credit!

@MC501 wrote:

Was anyone able to get form 8936 today for efile returns? It’s still not showing up as available in TurboTax and I don’t see it listed on their future forms list?

Just signed onto my TurboTax online test account and the Energy Efficient Vehicle section is now available.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies