Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Form 8936 (2019)

Today is February 12 and the form still not available as it was Last promise.

Even worst, now the form is not longer listed in 

IRS forms availability table for TurboTax individual (personal) tax products

https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_fed_online_individual.html

I’m  thinking seriously move to a different platform, very disappointing on TurboTax.

@MasterRambo 

Form 8936 was tentatively scheduled to be available in TurboTax "sometime" today 2/12/20.  If so, it can be any time during the day.

However, just now I can confirm your observation that the form is not listed in the availability table at this moment of the night.  Perhaps that means they are applying an update.   

I'll also mention to a Moderator that it's not showing in the table, and they will receive my message this morning.

When it's available, it should appear in this table.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/forms/help/irs-forms-availability-table-for-turbotax-individual-pe...

Check back during business hours later today.   If I hear some news from a Moderator, I'll post back in this thread.

Its the 12th.  Where is the **bleep** form???

Utter b.s.  Now the form is not available until 2/20/20.  Intuit, get your sheet together. 😠

@#)($(#!

blu8503

where are you seeing that? when I go https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_fed_online_individual.html it doesn't mention the form at all

That was LAST year.  Check the date.  Its now 2020.

blu8503

whats the updated link? thats the page it was on before

The form was supposed to be out today after being pushed back several times.  Now it’s not even on the form list so this tells me it’s not going to be available at all.  If they aren’t going to offer the form online they just need to tell us already.   I’m really considering switching even though I’ve used Turbo Tax for years for myself and extended members of my family.

Nleaf20
Returning Member

Well. The form should be available Today 2-12 but still nothing. It's frustrating

Any updates on this? Today is February 12th and still no sign of this form.

Seriously, I have already filled out almost all of my tax returns in TurboTax. I am just waiting for this one form. I have used them for years and would absolutely hate for them to not have the form. I would have to find some other program to use and start all over again.

Let us know what is happening with the form! I want to submit my taxes ASAP!

I’m considering HR Block after 18 years

It's February 12th and not only is the form not available, it's disappeared from the Forms list.  Should I switch to H&R Block after many years with Turbotax?

bryscus
Returning Member

H&R Block stinks, too.   This year, I switched to H&R block and then got a refund.  Can't claim the child tax credit until at least 2/14 or 2/15.  So, if you have children and an electric vehicle this year, you're screwed either way if you want to e-file.  I should have just paper filed 2 weeks ago, I guess.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies