Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

At bottom of their website is a link Request A Refund. Click on it and enter info if purchased on Intuit or another retailer.  Poor company poor service. 

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

To submit a refund request, I logged into my Intuit account, and in the search box, I typed "refund request" and followed the instructions there.  I purchased TT 2023 from Amazon (along with 2010 all the way to 2023), so there are 2 options--from Intuit or from another retailer, where you can provide your receipt.  Inuit claims 5-7 days to process the refund after the reasoning is scrutinized.... but I foresee issues here, and I am thinking that they will deny my request based on how they are handling this simple software update issue.

I will not use the tool again.... not after this...EVER.

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

After speaking to their customer support day after day and provided inaccurate responses I am convinced they do not have a handle on the issue. Get a refund and move on. May not even be fixed by April 15 at this rate. 

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

I deleted form8911 and filed.  Will amend it later when the form is available 

SROak

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

I also deleted Form 8911 and filed yesterday - these were accepted in under an hour by Fed and State.   I'm not sure if I'll try TT again for amended return or go with TaxAct...

But I printed out screenshots of all those seven delay errors I received (2-15, 2-20, 2-21, 2-29, 3-1, 3-4, 3-5) and then took those along with my physical copy of TT back to Costco (where I purchased it) and they gave me an immediate refund.

I never buy TT online because of, you know, Costco's awesome refund policies.

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

This shouldn't be marked as solved until the issue is actually resolved.

The ETA keeps incrementing by 1 each day, giving little confidence this is going to be addressed.

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

Please remove the expert validated rating on this, if possible. This answer is outdated by now and does also not solve the issue, it just notes that there is an ETA (which is meaningless at this point given its behavior) for a potential fix.

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

...My thoughts exactly.  Why is this marked as solved, when there has been no resolution provided, at all??

ab118

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

Just a heads up to anyone trying for a refund - I went ahead and filed with FreeTaxUSA just fine (including this credit), and TurboTax is denying me any refund. I'm going to dispute through my credit card since no service was ever provided but I don't have high hopes. 

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

This sounds like a class action lawsuit waiting to happen... any lawyers on here?

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

I just called TurboTax. Like most of you I've been ready to file for 4 weeks. Just a reminder it's not really the customer service's fault at Turbo Tax they have literally 0 pull and can do absolutely nothing. I just checked it's literally nothing they can do. I've used TurboTax forever and this is the first time I've been truly stuck with something like this. That being said...

TURBOTAX please get your situation fixed. This is a complete failure and a huge problem on a larger scale of how you operate. Why does your customer service not have any outlet to upgrade and send high priority tickets to you higher support and ultimately to your devs? Is there a reason why you don't follow ITIL or best practices at least? I don't understand why you would take money and then fix the problem later? Makes no sense.

I just got off with the agent and literally it's like. "Well lets just hope it all just works out in the end" Really? Can we fix this please? 

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

Dealing with the same issue as everyone else. Now its telling me to come back on 3/5/24 and get an update. Also some crap about a GEOID. This has been the second year in a row TT has failed me. I have used it for 30 years. Never again man. What a freaking joke. 

Lamp007

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

I am 33, working since 17, and I've only ever filed my taxes with TurboTax. This is a horrible shame. 

I hope this results in a class action lawsuit. 

Lamp007

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

Well. I have some bad news for you because it says 3/6 for me. 

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

now 3/6 for me too.  Then turbo tax contradicts itself. Their website shows 8911 is available to efile, https://form-status.app.intuit.com/tax-forms-availability/formsavailability?albRedirect=true&product...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies