Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Form 5695

wrong, now iy's 2/07 ....until 2/07 then????

FLfuntax

Form 5695

Don't blame Turbotax for the delays.  Congress has not finalized the taxes, credits, etc. associated with the 2023 Energy Credits for filing form 5695.  Turbotax keeps changes the expected dates they will have it available due to delays in our government & IRS getting it done.  We have to be patient waiting for the Feds!

Form 5695

Well as of today, 2/4/2024 Sunday, it’s on the irs website. https://www.irs.gov/instructions/i5695 

Form 5695

@aleardi83 wrote:

Well as of today, 2/4/2024 Sunday, it’s on the irs website. https://www.irs.gov/instructions/i5695 

The IRS only updated the 2023 instructions on 01/31/2024.  So it takes awhile to compile and incorporate the new instructions in the TurboTax software.

The Form 5695 Residential Energy Credits for tax year 2023 has not yet been finalized in TurboTax.

The Form 5695 is scheduled to be available in TurboTax on 02/07/2024 (subject to change).

Go to his TurboTax website for forms availability - https://form-status.app.intuit.com/tax-forms-availability/formsavailability?albRedirect=true&product...

jumpinjo

Form 5695

It's 2/07/2023, the form 5695 was to be available today! Any updates to the actual availabe date for form 5695?

rpan
Level 2

Form 5695

Turbotax said it will be today to make the form 5695 available, but now it's 7:51 AM CT, still not?

Form 5695

HOW MUCH LONGER ON THE FORM PLEASE!!

Form 5695

I would think a company like Turbo Tax would have enough people to get this done asap. I only nee to get credit for my Electric Heat Pump credit.  

Form 5695

very frustrating. there's no reason they can't just use the updated form and follow last years instructions. I guess for liability reasons they don't want to assume the rules haven't changed but really there is a 0.0001 % chance that a period gets turned into a comma.

Anyways, I'll just go back to your deductions and remove the energy credit. File my taxes , then just file an amended return in like 2 months when intuit and the IRS pull eachother's heads out of........ the sand.

halteach

Form 5695

I agree.  It's 02/07/24 and no form.  very frustrating.  This only one form. I can't believe this is taking so long.

hal

Form 5695

It IS very frustrating, I ALMOST checked yesterday to see if they could muster up the trpp[ps to EXCEED the expectations they continually create (supported blindly and inanely by their high "level" experts.  I didn't though, not wanting to be further disillusioned. 

Alas, I would have been, and still am. So, 2/07/2024 is now "Ready Soon."  Does TT not get the concept of setting expectations... SOON? REALLY? WHAT DOES THAT MEAN? i had Calif forms at "Ready Soon" for 3 weeks!

It WAS a US Gov't delay, to whom I expressed my feelings in feedback. It is now 100% in TT's control and I, or a responsible business paying attention to its customers, would have put 100 techs on 24/7 to make the 2/07 deadline, i.e. whatever it takes. Since that didn't happen, "SOON," which would, ordinarily be merely ambiguous, is with TT, MEANINGLESS! 

As for deleting and amending, and in my case it's just carry forward info, it would be an override  which a) loses my info which frankly I would never reconstruct, and worse, b) makes e filing my state impossible it would have to be by mail and I'd see my refund in May.

Shame on TT and each expert who defends them going forward

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Form 5695

This is scheduled to be fixed with the February 7 update. The updates generally happen at night. It should be available February 8.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Form 5695

If that is the case, should Intuit's tax form availability publication say "available 2/8/2024" instead of "2/7/2024"?

https://form-status.app.intuit.com/tax-forms-availability/

The frustration of TT users is as understandable as the requirement for proper due diligence on Intuit's behalf to produce a quality product.  At this point, however, if your comment is factual, it seems a game of semantics is being played with the word "available" on Intuit's behalf.

One would not be surprised at additional user expressed frustration tomorrow, 2/8/2024, if tonight's update does not contain a 2023 version of Form 5695.

rpan
Level 2

Form 5695

this is typical language game! It not acceptable. 

Form 5695

It says the form 5695 was supposed to be ready today 2/7/2024 and it still is not ready. I can not complete my taxes without this form. Why is it still not ready?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies