Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Form 5695 available on IRS website

I noticed the new 5695 form is available on the IRS website but TT says it won’t be available until 2/7/24. Can you please tell me why or if there is another ETA? I was hoping to get my taxes completed this week. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

This is scheduled to be fixed with the February 7 update. The updates generally happen at night. It should be available February 8.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

8 Replies
DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

As of this moment, Form 5695 will be available 2/7 to allow us enough time to implement changes to the tax code and to allow any recent change Congress may implement at the last moment.

Carl
Level 15

While the form may be on the IRS Website, that doesn't mean the IRS has yet approved the TTX electronic version of it yet. Typically, it can take the IRS 2-4 weeks after you see a form released on the website, before third party software developers are allowed to release it in their software.

i will never use turbo tax again ever

It would be nice to know if they will actually update the form by tomorrow like it says. 

Mjerald63

Yeah it's tomorrow and I still can't file !!! 

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

This is scheduled to be fixed with the February 7 update. The updates generally happen at night. It should be available February 8.

does anybody know of any other tax programs that I wouldn't have to copy everything again. I feel like TT isn't too concerned about a few people that need this to finish taxes. 

@DB7231 wrote:

does anybody know of any other tax programs that I wouldn't have to copy everything again. I feel like TT isn't too concerned about a few people that need this to finish taxes. 

I don't know of any way to move laterally from one company to another like that without starting a current return over.   

While the programming of the form may be ready today, the program may not actually push the update until the end of the day or even overnight when TurboTax does its routine weekly updates, usually early Thursday AM.   You can use this table to check on it.  A green checkmark will appear in the table next to the form once available.

Forms Availability Table

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies