Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Form 1116 Schedule B missing

I updated TurboTax today (3/11/2022) but still can't e-file because of this error message:

We can't e-file your return because we are unable to locate the attachment at /attachment/Form1116ScheduleB.pdf. Please go back and re-attach it. Then try e-filing again.

When I check the TurboTax forms list, this form is available and supported, and it appears in my return in the desktop Turbotax program.  I searched for the pdf but it is not on my computer.  Don't know how to attach it if I did find it. Not sure what to do at this point.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

21 Replies

I just got through finishing my taxes and it included the sch  b fine. Did you start over with the Foreign Tax button in deductions and credits screen and click through? That's what I did and had no problems.

dannopcb

Same problem. ROBTM's fix didn't work for me. I have never heard of attaching a form in Turbotax either.

I understand that there is still a problem when you e-file and that TT is working on a fix to it, probably in their next update.

I did go back to that section and clicked through. Before there were errors reported related to the 1116 form, but they seem to have disappeared. I hoped that meant problem solved, but it would not allow e-file.

I did not delete the current Form 1116 or Schedule B, just clicked through what was there, and there was nothing to add/change.  I can call up Schedule B in forms view and it is there and appears fine.

ruckh1

Hi,

Going through the Q&A for foreign taxes again and still got the error. I will wait for an update.

Jaccu
Returning Member

Same issue with me!  Reported this fiasco directly to Intuit's Office of the President this morning.  Appears Intuit's quality control measures have gone "down the toilet"!

Community778291
Returning Member

Based on great numbers of postings over multiple tax years, the foreign tax credit is a major TT Achilles Heel.  I've read TT "expert" solutions that recommend creating "dummy" 1099-DIV, to using "Various" instead of names of source countries, deleting completed Form 1116, etc.  Perhaps you sharing your contact info for Office of the President would be helpful in navigating around all of the convoluted "expert" solutions and instead get a software fix once and for all. 

Jaccu
Returning Member

The email address for Intuit's Office of The President is:  [email address removed]

I received a response within 24 hours when I initially reached out a couple of weeks ago. Let's see this go 'round!

Jaccu
Returning Member

I can't believe Intuit automatically removed the email address I just shared!!

Let's try it again, this time with an asterisk at either end!

*[email address removed]*

Jaccu
Returning Member

One last try....

the email address is officeofthepresident at the intuit domain

My Turbotax Premier is up to date as of yesterday.  Because of Form 1116 unavailability, I e-filed without using any tax credit carryover. Both Fed and State were accepted.  I am now trying to e-file an amended return to get credit for the foreign tax carryover.  Review shows no errors until I try to e-file. Then comes the error message that the Form 1116 Schedule B attachment could not be found, directing me to re-attach it and try e-file again. 

Yesterday I tried to have the software find and attach the form by deleting form 1116 and Schedule B, deleting the document that had foreign tax amount included, but did not delete the carryover history. Then I used step-by-step to re-enter the information with this year's documents and foreign tax paid. Review found no errors.  Attachment error appeared when I tried to e-file.

Would someone please respond and advise if there is a method to locate where the forms are located and if there is a method to re-attach so the software can find it.  Any other suggestions for workaround?  Is an update coming to resolve the e-file error?

Zed99

I just downloaded and installed the big "Master Patch" for this but it is still broken.   I'm trying to file an amended return and getting the error.

April 14 and still not fixed. Don't think Turbo Tax is working on it. Spent two hours with "support" and they acted like it was unique to me and must be my fault

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

What is the error you are getting when trying to file the return while looking for this form?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies