turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cannot e-file due to endless-loop error regarding K-1 and QBI deduction

This one error is preventing me from e-filing.

"Sch K-1 Wks-Partnerships (BUSINESS NAME, LLC):  Activity name has entries for deductions such as section 179, depletion, section 59(e)(2) and other expenses that may be individually limited.  For purposes of the qualified business income deduction those expenses are not yet supported.  This will be enabled in a subsequent release."

There is a CONTINUE button, and clicking on it dismisses the error, which is still listed as "Needs Review" preventing e-filing.  I'm using Chrome browser.

How to I solve this?  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Irene2805
Expert Alumni

The message has to do with the Qualified Business Income Deduction. (QBID).  Forms 8995 and 8995-A, the forms used to to calculate the amount of QBID, are not final yet.  TurboTax will update the program after the IRS finalizes their instructions.  After that update you should see the QBID on your tax return and you will be able to file.

For current information on forms availability, please click on this link:  Federal forms availability   [Note:  Forms 8995 and 8995-A might appear at the bottom of the list, not necessarily in numerical order.]

View solution in original post

37 Replies
Irene2805
Expert Alumni

The message has to do with the Qualified Business Income Deduction. (QBID).  Forms 8995 and 8995-A, the forms used to to calculate the amount of QBID, are not final yet.  TurboTax will update the program after the IRS finalizes their instructions.  After that update you should see the QBID on your tax return and you will be able to file.

For current information on forms availability, please click on this link:  Federal forms availability   [Note:  Forms 8995 and 8995-A might appear at the bottom of the list, not necessarily in numerical order.]

Thanks Irene, you're the best for simplifying an overly complicated situation!

Both forms 8995 and 8995-A are marked as available but the same error still persists.  Please advise.

ryan2345
Returning Member

Same problem here. Personal taxes are ready to e-file. When will this be fixed???

I'm using Turbotax Premier for Mac and I downloaded and installed the 2/20/2019 form update and I still get the same message as the OP. Checking the forms status shows that 8995 and 8995-A are both available for print and e-file, but yet I still get the same message as the OP and it won't let me proceed with e-filing.

Form 8995 has been updated per forms schedule but I still am getting the same error notice this morning and can't e-file. Can anyone identify when Turbo Tax will be updated? I have no updates outstanding. I downloaded the latest earlier today but still can't file. Thanks.

Jeryl

Same error here. I updated today and still have the problem.  Ready to file my taxes except for this issue

Same here, customer service said I just have to keep waiting and checking!   Grrr!

Just checked again, still the same no update! Come on Turbotax.

gforce3s
Returning Member

Same thing even though their website says 8995-A is available currently. This is frustrating beyond belief. 

Checked again this morning. Still unable to e-file. Same error. Hope intuit will notify us when processing can resume on these type of returns. Thanks 

Maybe we should start a new post. This one says solved.

I'm still having the same issue as well.  It says the forms are available, but this is not working. 

Can someone from Intuit address this issue and when it will be resolved? There are quite a few of us who are impacted and customer service can’t address?

Thank you for any guidance we can be provided.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies