turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can't Import ItsDeductible

When I try to import my ItsDeductible data into Turbotax, the window for the ItsDeductible login pops up, but then I get the spinning circle of death.  I can't enter my User ID or my Password to login and import the data.  I can close the window and resume Turbotax, but I can't do the import. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

34 Replies

I am having the same problem it must be a problem with the software program itself.  I hope they come up with a solution soon.

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

The best and most efficient way for you to connect with the right person to get the help you need is to select the version of TurboTax you are using and call us. We're open daily from 5 AM to 9 PM PT.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I did call, I was on the phone for two hours with one gal to no avail and called back after her last option of help was to reinstall the software, which I did and didn't help.  The second gal I got told me she was on the phone for an hour and a half with another customer with a Mac that had the same problem.  Her only suggestion for me was to call Apple so I did.  The support member told me to start the Mac up in safe mode and go through trying to put my password in and it took awhile to go through, but it finally did.  Don't know what safe mode had to do with it, but it worked.

I have the same problem.  This needs to be fixed.  What's the point of having itsDeducible if we cannot import the data from itsDeductible to turbotax.  Its

Plesae fix.

wjmancini

Every year (Past 4) I have some problem trying to import from its deductible - As another user said what is the purpose of using the app if it won't work.  Is there another option on the mark?  I really don't understand why using software from the same providers there would be integration issues

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

@wjmancini Are you using a Windows computer or Mac?  Are you completing your tax return using TurboTax Online or the Download CD/Software?  Also, can you describe the particular issues you're experiencing?

Turbo tax big disappointment this year. Too many errors. Can’t import its deductible into TurboTax. App will not let me enter user ID or password. Frozen😁😁😩😩😩it’s not my device. I have windows 10. TurboTax really terrible this year. Never had problems in the past. 

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

There has been many issues this year and TurboTax is furiously trying to update everything.   Yes. There is an issue with the contributions deduction and TurboTax is working to fix it.  We do not have an estimated date of correction, at this time.  I suggest you check back often to see if the correction has been made.

There is a problem with the Contributions section of the Itemized deductions and also the above the line $300.00 deduction.  Because of the many changes due to the CARES Act, IRS is still developing the forms and publications on this issue.  Last update was January 13th where everything is still in draft.  Once IRS finalizes the forms, we will be able to update TurboTax to accurately reflect your Contributions deduction.

Here are some of the changes due to the CARES ACT

The new legislation allows tax deductions on two types of charitable gifts. First, it allows up to $300 given to a qualified charity to be claimed as an above-the-line deduction. After the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, which went into effect in 2018, increased the standard deduction, many taxpayers had less incentive to donate to charities. Instead, they took the standard deduction and stopped itemizing.

For taxpayers who will itemize deductions, the CARES Act effectively suspends the limit on deductions for cash contributions to public charities for 2020.  “That allows individuals to completely wipe out their AGI, and their tax liability, with a charitable contribution.

I am getting a pop up window about allowing access to my login keychain passwords. When I type in the password we use it shakes it off and will not do anything other than spin the magic circle. Who can fix this?

I would call Apple.

I have same F#*#ing problem for the last 4 years.  WTHell!!  I have a Mac and use the app on my desktop

as of today I am having this issue, when will the problem be resolved?

Call Apple support not Intuit.  I made the mistake of talking to someone at Intuit last year, I couldn't even understand and he ended up screwing up my Key chain.  I don't know why there is a problem with this every year pretty pathetic, but I end up calling Apple every year and sitting on the phone for quite awhile.  Almost ready to use another tax software.

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Are you using Windows or Mac Software? Please provide specific details regarding your issue so that we can fully assist you. 

@marilyncassidy

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies