Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

gibba

purchased Deluxe now need Premium

I purchased Turbo Tax Deluxe as usual but received a 1099s for upgrading my vacation ownership and need Premium to enter it properly. Do I need to purchase the Premium software at full price or can I get it as an add on to what I already purchased?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
AmyC
Expert Alumni

No. Begin with what you have and when you need to add the additional forms, you will be asked to click the upgrade button and you will continue on with your upgraded program.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

You can upgrade to Premium and will only pay the difference between TT's price for Deluxe and the price for Premium.  There is an "upgrade" button on the toolbar at the top of your TT screen.    Caution---pay for the upgrade upfront with a credit card.  Do not choose to pay the upgrade fee from your federal refund or it will add a $40 "refund processing fee" to the cost.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

You should be able to enter it in Deluxe.  It is only recommended to upgrade.  All the Desktop programs have the same forms. You just get more help and guidance in the higher versions. And the Desktop program is still called Premier.  The Online version has changed to Premium.  Are you actually in your Desktop program?   Or in the Online version by mistake?  It happens all the time.  

gibba

I was just researching on here how to enter this 1099s  and multiple posts said I needed Premium to do it. I have the Desktop version of Deluxe. I'll attempt to enter it in and see how it goes. Thank you.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies