Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I get a Car allowance of $500 a month what box should that be under on my W-2 Form

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

I get a Car allowance of $500 a month what box should that be under on my W-2 Form

Please wait until you get the W-2.
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

All payments from your employer should be included in the wages in box 1 of your W-2. It doesn't matter what they say the payment is for.

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

SweetieJean made a good point, which I didn't think of. Are you trying to file your tax return before you get your W-2? That's asking for trouble. You have to wait until you get the W-2. The IRS won't start accepting tax returns until January 23. Rushing to submit your return now will not do any good. It's just going to wait until the 23rd anyway. And if you file prematurely and then find out that something on the W-2 is different from what you expected, you'll have a big problem.

We've seen several posts today from users who filed yesterday, and now want to get their returns back to change them.  No Can Do.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies